Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Suprise Visit...Kind of


A couple of months ago, I really started to miss the sisters I lived with in Anaheim. Ryan and I prayed about having Jane come to visit in October, and I was thrilled! I actually had Jane book the flight, because she's so good at that kind of stuff. (She's tiny, but she's really smart, spunky, quick, and cute). She sent me the confirmation and I had it in my mind it was the last weekend of October...Well, I made a boo-boo. I remember thinking how I was going to make this big weekend plan so that not a minute would be wasted...Come Thursday night, I received a phone call and I hear Jane say, "Nat! I'm here! My flight arrived early!" (She meant minutes early...She didn't know how early!) Anyway, I was running around the house like a mad woman, but I made it to airport eventually.


So much for my big plans. It actually worked out great because Ryan was gone to Texas and I had a sweet companion to stay with me. Jane's an LA girl, so she saw some different parts of the country. I'm so glad she drove me around in Anaheim...She was such a good driver and her map skills were excellent (whew!) and...I was definitely a fish out of water! Anyway, She stayed in a real log cabin with a big front porch, wind chimes, a lazy dog named Billy Bob and 2 feisty cats named Frank and Beans. It was so much fun.


We talked and sang and laughed until our voices were hoarse. At the end of our two years in California, we had to give a little quote that described our experience...We both joked that our quotes would be one another's names. I couldn't imagine my time there without her. I remember sharing with her about my feelings for Ryan. I had determined to keep them all to myself, but when I got around Jane, I felt like I couldn't act naturally and that she must see I was bothered and trying to hide something. It was really perfect because I trusted her not to give a girly "ahhh, that's so cute!" , but to pray with me and help me commit it to the Lord.

So, my weekend was so refreshing and sweet. I just noticed that something in me felt so happy after she left. It reminds me of 2Cor7:3... "For you in are in our hearts, for our dying together and our living together."




This is us just singin away...The voice of the filmer is Ryan Pagel.:)

No comments: