This is the infamous Celeste. We were partners serving together as staff members of the campus club last year. But, we go way back. We have a picture of us 10 years ago and we both have short hair. I remember talking with my sisters about who we think is one of the prettiest people we had ever met and Celeste was one of em. She would hate that, but I don't care. She's always got rosy cheeks and a happy bright countenance. She gets really excited about stuff...she loves to be in the middle of everything and no one can have fun or laugh without her.:) Her background is military so we made a lovely combination. The Lord has quite a sense of humor. Growing up, I loved to snuggle and she loved to wrestle. I have this picture here because she despises hugging, and this is one of the few times she has given me a hug. I proudly display it in my living room.But, don't let her fool you...She is such a softie. She is constantly thinking about things that people need and picking them up here and there and along the way. One time, I opened her trunk and there was this little bike in there. I knew she had bought if for this little girl we both knew. I exclaimed, "Oh Celeste! You are soooo sweet!" She acted mad and said, "I am not sweet!" Whatev. (that's her word). She bought me my fancy onion chopper...I love it!
Poor thing, she was with me during my short engagement and first 6 months of marriage! I remember talking to her about how when I get married, I'll need to ask Ryan about buying stuff and how I was a bit confused about when I should call him. She would just say..."If you want something, buy it. You don't need to ask him about every little thing." I just laughed. I was quite a case at times. She knew if I had a long talk or "words" with Ryan, because I would come to work the next day with puffy eyes. She would just ask, "What's wrong." She didn't accept my, "Uh, nothing..." I thank the Lord for that. We have spent countless hours singing, praying, reading, talking, crying (well maybe more me), shopping, cooking, and eating together. We love each other...we just say it in different ways.
No comments:
Post a Comment