Saturday, June 6, 2009

I Survived the Davis Family Reunion



That's what my dad wanted a t-shirt to read after the family got together for a week. There were 12 adults and 7 grandkids (all under the age of 4). I can't tell you how much fun I had, seeing my brothers and sisters and enjoying all of their kids. Ryan and I were like the "aunt and uncle on-call" to hold someone, feed someone, distract someone, ect. It was awesome, yet tiring...amazingly exhausting.

It was so neat to be with everyone and see how the Lord is growing in all of us! When we all prayed together, I was overwhelmed with a sense of thankfulness for the Lord's mercy, that we could each be gained so particularly by Him! Of course, we laughed and laughed together, mostly at ourselves, but we share the bond of the Spirit as a family, and for that, I am so grateful! Thank You Lord!

Allison edited this lovely picture...I've decided to put up some of her pictures in my house...why should her talent go unnoticed? Ansel Adams...you got nothing on Allison! :)

Cherith deserves a special thanks...as always, she worked especially hard to make this possible...and Danny too. By the way, she made all those outfits for the kids. She's supermom. I know it well.

It's kind of funny...in my class about Administration in Higher Education, we share our experience working in administrative positions. I almost shared that I have extensive experience working for a senior administrator, and that senior administrator would be my big sister. :)

Words can't describe how much I love my brothers and sisters and their wives and husbands and sweet kids...What a blessing!

1 comment:

The Udokas said...

Finally! You updated your blog! I may be slow at getting pictures up, but your post are virtually nonexistant! I want to see more updates from now on. Oh by the way, I love you!